Job Title: Apprentice Admin Assistant
Location: Walker Electrical Contractors ltd, 2 Hardy Close, Nelson Court Business Centre, PR22XP
Hours of work: 40 hours per week minus 1 day at college
Salary: To be discussed.
Reports to: Accounts Manager Cherie Sanderson
Liaising with: The post holder will liaise with staff and customers at all levels in relation to the duties of the post
Walker Electrical Contractors Ltd, based on the docklands in Preston, requires an apprentice business administration assistant to cover all aspects of clerical support within a busy office environment.
The business has grown tremendously over the past 5 years and this is a very exciting position for the right candidate, with future progression also realistically possible.
The ideal candidate will need to work under pressure and its is desirable that the candidate can drive due to the location of the business unless they live in close proximity of the area.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- To provide a range of clerical duties including answering the phone, photocopying, sending emails, filing, message-taking, sorting and distributing post, etc.
- To maintain manual and computerised systems including inputting data, keeping records, statistics, confidential and general filing systems as directed.
- You will possess strong IT skills and be familiar with Excel and Outlook.
- You need to be familiar with the use of Social Media
- To study towards and complete the NVQ level 2 in Business Administration.
- Any other appropriate duties under the direction of the line manager for the placement, applicable to the grade and qualifications of the post.