When it comes to security lighting for any property, its not enough to simply install this, and leave it to work. Like all your other electrical, maintenance and servicing is an important part of security lighting. But why should you hire a professional for this, instead of scheduling it in house? And what are the advantages of professional security lighting maintenance? Well, here at Walker Electrical, we are Preston’s leading electrical experts. And we provide a range of installation, repair and maintenance services for companies and businesses in a range of sectors. From residential to commercial and industrial, we are the team you can count on. As a result, we have produced this guide to security lighting maintenance.
What does security lighting maintenance involve?
So, first of all, what does security lighting maintenance involve? Well, there are three main tasks involved, including:
- Sensitivity testing- testing the sensitivity of the lighting to ensure it is switching on when necessary, and not wasting electricity.
- Cleaning- its important to keep security lighting clean so that the light is not dimmed or blocked in any way, and so that the sensor is clear to detect motion.
- Movement testing- if your security lighting moves, its important to keep all moving parts in good condition.
What are the advantages of professional security lighting maintenance?
There are numerous advantages to hiring a professional team to care of this job, including:
- Small potential issues can be spotted and resolved- because professionals have a wealth of experience and training, any small details can be noted, that may be missed by a DIY maintenance check. This can help prevent the small issues becoming major problems further down the line.
- Regular maintenance schedule- working with a professional team means that you can develop an effective schedule that will ensure your security lighting keeps working, 24/7.
For more information about professional motion lighting maintenance, get in touch with the team today, here at Walker Electrical.