When thinking about illuminating your property, and keeping it safe, you should consider the outside of the property too. Exterior lighting, used outside of your property, can be very beneficial. Here at Walker Electrical, we are Preston’s leading electrical and lighting experts. And we provide a range of top quality solutions for commercial, industrial and residential properties across the North West. This includes exterior lighting for your commercial property. So what are the advantages of this?
Exterior lighting can be useful for any type of property. From hotels and student accommodation, to industrial sites, car parks and commercial premises. The lighting serves two different purposes:
- Keeping yourself and your employees, as well as any guests, safe- well lit areas outside are very helpful for preventing common accidents like slips, trips and falls. As a result, people will be less likely to suffer any injuries on your premises.
- Deterring crime- properties that are well lit are less likely to experience burglaries, because exterior lighting can be a big deterrent.
Exterior lighting for your commercial property
So, when thinking about your commercial property, what kind of exterior lighting should you consider? Well, there are a range of effective options, including:
- Motion activated security lighting- connect this to CCTV and you have a sure fire of catching any potential criminals in the act!
- Car park lighting- illuminating your car park with car park lighting can help make like easier for your customers, clients, or employees. But it can also again deter crimes involving the vehicles parked there.
- Staff walkways- areas between buildings, or construction sites, where staff are expected to walk frequently, should be well lit for employee safety and comfort.
- External machinery- for 24 hour access to external machinery, exterior lighting should be provided. This can be in the style of traditional on/off lighting as long as it provides enough light to complete tasks safely.
For more information or advice, get in touch with the team today, here at Walker Electrical.