Here at Walker Electrical, we are Preston’s leading electrical experts. And we work with a wide range of companies and businesses across the North West, to deliver effective electrical solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about the most effective types of exterior lighting for commercial properties.
How can exterior lighting benefit your commercial property?
Exterior lighting can be useful for any type of property. From hotels and student accommodation, to industrial sites, car parks and commercial premises. The lighting serves two different purposes:
- Improving safety- well lit areas outside are very helpful for preventing common accidents like slips, trips and falls. As a result, people will be less likely to suffer any injuries on your commercial premises, and this can be beneficial for staff as well as customers.
- Deterring crime- commercial properties that are well lit are less likely to experience burglaries, because exterior lighting can be a big deterrent. Combining this with CCTV can be even more beneficial.
What are the most effective types of exterior lighting for commercial properties?
So, when thinking about your commercial property, what kind of exterior lighting should you consider? Well, there are a range of effective options, including:
- Motion activated security lighting- connect this to CCTV and you have a sure fire of catching any potential criminals in the act!
- Car park lighting- illuminating your car park with car park lighting can help make like easier for your customers, clients, or employees. But it can also again deter crimes involving the vehicles parked there.
- Staff walkways- areas between buildings, or construction sites, where staff are expected to walk frequently, should be well lit for employee safety and comfort.
- External machinery- for 24 hour access to external machinery, exterior lighting should be provided. This can be in the style of traditional on/off lighting as long as it provides enough light to complete tasks safely.
For more information or advice, get in touch with the team today, here at Walker Electrical.