Exterior lighting can help to keep you safe, and can add a different dynamic to your outdoor setting. Whether you illuminate an outdoor path, or light up a seating area, the difference will be dramatic. From hotels to residential homes, exterior lighting is must. Here at Walker Electrical, we are Preston’s leading electrical experts. As a result, we have produced this guide to the different types of residential exterior lighting.
These work in a similar way to interior spotlights. They provide a small and bright beam of light that can help to illuminate paths, pavements and driveways so that you can reduce the risk of slips, trips and falls outside of your residential property. There are other benefits too, and these include:
- creating a visually stunning lighting path through your outdoor space
- deterring opportunistic crime like mugging and theft as the lights will illuminate people
- spotlight bulbs are very energy efficient and have a lot of longevity
Exterior wall mounted lighting
Exactly what they sound like, exterior wall mounted lights are fitted high up on your walls. These can cast a broad light across the whole area they cover, to make sure your outdoor space is well lit. However, these are often used for security purposes, rather than style. Some of the benefits for this type of exterior lighting include:
- Most exterior wall mounted lights are motion sensitive which means that they will automatically flick on when motion is detected. This means they are perfect for deterring crime, and they dont waste a lot of electricity being left on all the time.
- These can be great for external smoking areas where people will be able to congregate and chat together.
illuminate a much broader space than spotlight lighting, which means you dont have to install as many lights.
For more information or advice, get in touch with the professionals today, here at Walker Electrical.