Here at Walker Electrical, we provide a wide range of electrical solutions for businesses and residential properties across the North West. As Preston’s leading electrical professionals, we offer a wide range of electrical solutions for businesses and residential properties across the North West.This includes electrical design, installation and maintenance. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about the importance of exterior lighting maintenance for commercial properties.
What does exterior lighting maintenance for commercial properties involve?
There are a number of steps that are essential for upkeep and maintenance of exterior lighting systems across commercial properties. These steps include:
- Lighting tests- Testing the lights manually, during the day, to see if they are active and working as they should. Then returning at night to repeat the test.
- Maintenance cleaning- Get rid of all the dirt and debris that will be building up on the fitting itself and especially across the light covering.
- Visual checks- Checking for corrosion on the internal gaskets and reflectors caused by moisture from the air or from rain.
Why is maintenance important for exterior lighting?
It is essential that your exterior lighting is well maintained for a number of reasons, including:
- Safety and security- from weather damage to animal interference, exterior lights can become damaged, and wear and tear damage can also occur. To keep your property well lit and secure, and to prevent the lights causing a safety concern, maintenance needs to be undertaken.
- Legal requirements- commercial properties are legally required to be safe for staff and consumers, including the electrical fixtures, like exterior lights.
- Top quality performance- From cleaning the lens to fixing and repairing any issues, regular maintenance can ensure that your lights perform to the highest standard.
For more information or advice, get in touch with the experts today, here at Walker Electrical.