Here at Walker Electrical, we are Preston’s leading electrical experts. We work with companies and businesses across Preston, and the North West, to provide high quality, professional electrical and lighting solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about planning electrical installations for a hotel guest room.
What are the considerations when planning electrical installations for a hotel guest room?
If you are planning or designing new electrical installations for your hotel guest room, whether you are renovating, upgrading, or developing from scratch, there are a number of things to consider. These include:
- The electrical essentials- the first things to consider are the electrical essentials. For a hotel guest room, these generally include:
- light fixtures and fittings
- sockets and electrical outlets
- portable appliances like fridges, kettles and TV’s.
- electrical door locking security systems
- Any added extras- it’s not just the essentials that need to be added to your hotel room. You also need to consider any added extras, or any additional fixtures you want to include. This could include additional wall lighting as well as specific lighting types and fixture. These will generally take a little bit of additional planning, and should be something you plan and design for.
- Electrical safety and building regulations- there are electrical safety and building regulations that are very important for any commercial property, including residential spaces and hotels. It is essential that these are followed not just for the safety of your hotel guests, but also for the legality of your new installations. If these do not meet requirements, you could face a fine, and your hotel could be closed.
- Practicality for the guest or client- finally, you will need to plan for the practicality for the hotel guest. This includes planning where to position light fixtures, and electrical outlets.
For more information or advice, or for professional electrical design for your hotel, get in touch with the team today, here at Walker Electrical.