During the winter months, it can seem like your energy bills sky rocket. From additional heating, to additional lighting, there are a lot of reasons for this. But what are the effective options for reducing your office electricity bills over winter? And how can you take action to keep the costs down for you company?
What are the effective options for reducing your office electricity bills over winter?
There are several things that you consider to cut down on your office electricity bill over winter. These include:
- Turn down the heating- if you use a heating and air conditioning system for keeping your office warm, this could be the cause of the increase in cost. You could consider lowering the thermostat, so the heating is only triggered to come on, once it gets cold. Or you could limit the use of this completely, for big sections of the day.
- Switch off and unplug- if you have some large pieces of office equipment that are not used every single day, don;t leave these idling or on standby. Instead, switch them off fully, and unplug them. This could see you save a large chunk of your electricity bill.
- Switch off computers-Making sure all computers are “pinged” to shut down at the end of the working day. This minimizes the human risk of monitors being left on all night, when not in use. When left on, your office computers use a massive amount of electricity, even just on standby mode.
Long term energy efficient changes
If the soaring costs of your energy bills are a year long problem, it could be time to make some changes to your office electricals. You could consider:
- motion lighting that is activated by movement, and turns on and off when appropriate, automatically. This means your lights wont be left on for no reason.
- switching to energy efficient office equipment
- opting for LED lights
For more information or advice, get in touch with the experts today, here at Walker Electrical.We work with companies and businesses, across a variety of industries, throughout the North West, to provide high quality, professional electrical solutions.