Here at Walker Electrical, we are Preston’s leading electrical experts. And we work with companies and businesses across the North West, to deliver effective electrical solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about process we will undertake when rewiring your property.
What are the different stages of property rewiring?
Whether it’s a multiple occupancy home or a commercial rewire, the steps that need to be taken remain generally the same, although there will be some slight differences depending on specific circumstances and individual requirements. These steps include:
- Isolating the power supply- obviously the first thing we will do is isolate the power supply to protect us while we work and to protect anyone else who may be on the property. This will also help to protect the property itself too from any potential electrical problems.
- Lifting the floorboards- to get to the existing wiring and to lay new routes and cables we will need to lift the floorboards. This is one reason why most businesses close and most multiple occupancy properties remain empty while this type of work is being undertaken.
- Burying cables in the wall and floor- in addition to laying routes through the floor, we will also need to channel into the walls to lay more cables and remove existing ones.
- Electrical wiring and back boxes- once all touted have been prepared we will then install the electrical wiring to the legal standards that are required. You can count on the knowledge and experience of our team to ensure that your electrical work will be thoroughly and effectively installed and tested to ensure the best possible results.
- Finishing off- finally, we will finish off by putting the property back together, testing the system and circuits and powering on the electrics.
For more information or advice, get in touch with the professionals today, here at Walker Electrical.