Here at Walker Electrical, we are Preston’s leading electrical experts. From shops and offices, to student accommodation and industrial lighting, we provide a range of high quality, professional electrical solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should consider before installing industrial security lighting.
What are the important considerations for industrial security lighting?
There are a number of considerations to take into account before installing new security lighting for any industrial, storage, warehouse or construction property. These considerations include:
- The positioning of the security lighting- placing the security lighting in the right locations is crucial for improving the effectiveness of these. For the best results, you should consider:
- security lighting to protect exits and entrances to any buildings or to the site itself
- security lighting around any perimeter walls or fences
- security lighting in any car park area
- The brightness level of the security lighting- security lighting needs to be bright, but if it is to be used also as general lighting for staff and colleagues, then you might not want to use dazzling bright light, and instead choose a slightly softer tone. The light needs to provide full coverage of the area to increase the possibility of filming clear imagery with CCTV systems, and to provide no dark spots for criminals to exploit.
- Motion activated- the most effective type of security lighting is motion activated. This is because the lighting will be triggered by motion in the sensor range, and not won’t just be on all the time, wasting electricity. This can even have the added effect of surprising any potential criminals too. For effective security lighting, you should not overlook motion sensitive lighting.
For more information or advice about your industrial security lighting, or for professional installation, get in touch with the team today here at Walker Electrical.