When it comes to electric cars, one of the biggest sticking points is the availability of charging points. While certain areas of the country have more public charging options than others, big leaps are being made up and down the country. And with the sale of diesel cars falling, more and more manufacturers are developing electric cars, or hybrid cars, that are improving consistently. We are moving towards a hybrid, electric car future. And to be part of that, electric car charging points are essential. Here at Walker Electrical, we are Preston’s leading electrical experts. And we are proud to offer EV charging point installations across the region. As a result, we have produced this guide to EV charging points at work.
The advantages of EV charging points at work
EV charging points at work can be incredibly beneficial for your company. Some of the advantages include:
- becoming an industry leader, paving the way for more companies to take up the challenge
- there could be a lot of publicity generated from being the first company in your area to provide employees with charging points, which could drive sales.
- improves your company reputation with potential customers, as “going green” is an incredibly popular trend
- increasing what you can offer to employees, to make your company more appealing to the very best employees
- it’s cheaper than you might think
Choosing EV charging points at work
Choosing the right EV charging points for your workplace will be important. You can choose:
- free-standing and wall mounted units- wall mounted are the easiest and cheapest to install and so these are usually the most popular option for workplaces
- restricted access models- if you want to make sure only your employees can use the charger, why not fit an RFID? We can do that for you here at Walker Electrical
- fast chargers- these will probably be more practical for your workplace than slow chargers
For more information about installing EV charging points at work, get in touch with the experts today, here at Walker Electrical.